Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Crock Pot Meal Making Day

In an effort to save on my grocery bill I thought I'd try out a pin I saw on Pinterest for 34 crock pot meals for about $150. I didn't like all her recipes so I didn't make 34 meals but I did end up with 8 meals that serve 6-8 people each and 4 bags of spaghetti sauce that will last forever. So I'm fairly positive these meals could last me almost atleast a month. All for $135.06 and about 5 hours including shopping and cleaning up at the end. I went to Reams for my grocery shopping (I like their produce better than WalMart) and ended up getting everything there. I may even be able to get it cheaper if I research the meat sales before I shop and get the meat at the lowest price, but either way I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

My starting kitchen

All the groceries

My supply store counter


Everything to be chopped

1.5 hrs later everything is chopped and ready to be added to bags



I destroyed my counters...

And Jack destroyed my floor. I think he was just going around an emptying cupboards for fun

My meals

And finally a clean kitchen again



I'm not going to lie, my feet hurt now. But I was wise enough to wear my tennis shoes during this otherwise I'd probably be crying from sore feet. And I feel like I have touched food all day, yet I don't have dinner ready for tonight. It might be a cereal or pancake night because I'm too exhausted to think about food. I do find it odd that on days when I do lots of cooking or preparing I never want to make dinner that day. Or if I do a big grocery shopping trip I don't want to come home and make dinner, I just want to eat out, usually Thai food :)

And for other updates, Jack is getting much better at his walking
 Owen did the recording for this and Jack did the walking :)

And Owen is loving his preschool that I do with him and his friend and his piano I am doing with him



That is our little update for now!


No comments:

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know