Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lake Tahoe Trip

Hey everyone!! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. KC and I went to the Lake Tahoe area for a week with KC's Dad, His sister Kerri, Bro-in-law Ryan and their daughter Hollie. We left last tuesday Nov 20th and stayed til the 26th. We stayed in a cabin up in a town called Truckee-Donner. By 6pm that evening we were all so tired that we could barely stay awake. We just sat in front of the TV (mostly watching dancing with the stars and Bachelor). While we were there we walked around some of the little shops there and drove around the whole lake, that took about 2 hours. All the shop owners there were saying that because there hasn't been snow yet no one comes to visit so they struggle this time of year. It was kind of sad because there wasn't even snow in the forecast anytime soon. The whole time we were there the weather was about 40 degrees. For Thanksgiving dinner we had Cornish Game Hens. KC's dad bbq'd them on the grill and i had a "thanksgiving filet mignon". Thats the new tradition that we started this year, i don't mind :) Friday we were hoping to go skiing but being as it hadn't snowed this year none of the resorts were opened. We did drive up to one resort and saw a tiny hill of man made snow. It was fun to see Hollie play in it. We didn't do much the rest of the weekend, just played LOTS of games. Sequence and Ticket to Ride were our favorite ones. I also spent lots of time reading. I got 2 books read. One was Angels and Demons, the Prequel to The Da Vinci Code. It ended up pretty good but the beginning was so slow that I almost couldn't get through it. The second book was Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. That's the 1st book of 3 soon to be 4. I'd heard lots of people rave about this book but never got around to reading it. So i spent all day Thanksgiving and read it from start to finish. I couldn't put it down. And the whole rest of the weekend I was so anxious to get the next 2 books and read those. I've already finished the 2nd book now, one more to go. Needless to say, I'd really suggest these for a fun fictional read.

KC and I are back in Provo now and getting back in to the routine of work and school. KC's coming up on his finals. He has about 2 more weeks of classes. I'm just hanging in there with work. It definately has it's ups and downs but doesn't everything? Well we're getting in to the Christmas Spirit with all the decorations around the city and the Christmas Music on the radio (although that's been going on for a month already). We haven't decorated out home yet but we'll get around to puting up our meager decorations. We hope you all had a fun relaxing weekend and are looking forward to the Christmas break. We definately are. We love you all lots!!!

1 comment:

love_b said...

OHH! Looks like you guys had a blast! Hope your doing good, miss you!!

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know