Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The many adventures of October



WOW, I haven't posted in a long time. I've just been that busy that i didn't get to it. And it doesn't help that none of the computers we have in our home don't work. But we finally got one to at least turn on so I thought I'd jump on the opportunity.

So quick updates on our many adventures of October:

1st we went to California for the reception of one of KC's long time buddies, Josh Ondatje. He got married in Maui the week before so we just went out for the reception. It was really nice and KC loved catching up with some of his parent friends that knew his mom. And then, randomly, while we were out there, my family came out to CA for their "fall break" to go to Disneyland. So KC and I decided that since we were already in CA we needed to go also. We took Owen and had a fun day with everyone at Disneyland.



It was really cold and overcast and about to rain the whole day. So we all bundled up in layers and had fun. We didn't have any socks for Owen though so we had to buy some... and apparently Disneyland doesn't think that little boys need socks, Only girls, because the only socks they sell that are smaller than 4T are Minnie Mouse socks in various colors. So that's what Owen had to wear all day. But atleast they did their job... sorta. He did end up with a cold for the next 2 days.


Our next adventure was last week when it snowed! That's right, snow in October. It didn't stick to the ground but it was freezing out side. And it really hasn't gotten much better since. So every morning I get Owen up, we have a nice warm and relaxing morning, I get him dressed in a long sleeved shirt, and a sweatshirt... and then a huge jacket. He's getting better with the jacket but still very much dislikes having to get in the jacket and then put in his car seat right away. The jacket is so puffy that I can barely get him into his car seat but its such a struggle with him now. He arches his back and starts screaming and i just calmly tell him I'm sorry but that I'd rather him be safe and warm than safe and freezing, and I'm mom so I make the rules :) He's not really sure what that means yet, but he will.



And our last Adventure was last night for Halloween. We hosted a murder mystery dinner. I hope everyone else loved it because I did. It was so much fun and everyone came dressed up and got into the game and everything. No one had really participated in one of these before so it was fun for everyone to learn as we went. We played the characters as couples so that we could have more people come, we ended up with 8 couples. KC and I had a strange character. We were described as a being with sewn on parts everywhere who is into musicals. And the costume suggestions were a Frankenstein wearing a leotard and tutu. So that's what we did. We were planning on painting KC's face green but decided not to last minute (for Owen's sake) and then we made tutu's for each of us and different shirts. It was fun.

Well that was our month of October. I hope you all had a fantabulous month like we did. We're looking forward to the fun stuff we have going on this week and for going home to AZ for Thanksgiving! we love you all!!

1 comment:

Brit n' Ryan said...

Sounds like fun!!! My only complaint...where are the Halloween pics? :) We're really looking forward to seeing you guys over the holidays! Take care!

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know