Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A lesson from my 2 yr old

So this was just too cute that I had to write about it. I have been having one of those pregnant hormonal days and Owen has been having a slightly tired and whiny day. The two don't go well together because neither of us has any patience to spare. So when Owen didn't nap today it made me even worse because the whole 2 hours he just yelled for me, or cried, or tried anything but napping and that just made me get frustrated. So I finally got him out of bed and told him he had to stay in the living room and play while I went back to my room to do some laundry. He didn't like that and it made him start crying so then I started feeling frustrated at the crying and then I felt bad for being frustrated, mixed feelings. So I went into my bathroom, shut the door and just started to cry. Owen had followed me back there and heard me crying so he started knocking on my door. Feeling bad that my hormones are putting both of us through this emotional day I opened the door and he stops crying and asks "Why sad mommy?". And then he ran and grabbed a kleenex for me and came and wiped my tears away. Umm lesson on thinking of others right there... I mean he was sad too but he stopped feeling bad for himself so that he could take care of me. After that I just couldn't be frustrated anymore. So I'm trying to remember that we're both high-strung today so I'm trying to just make it a happy day for both of us...wish me luck for the rest of the day, I'll need it :)

2 comments:

Tanner and Sharley Danis said...

Sooooooo sweet! Owen is the best little boy! Good luck on the rest of your day!

torri said...

I love this post. It is so sweet! Isn't it so great to have a sweet little boy?

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know