Almost a whole year since I posted last. Well I had almost decided to drop the whole idea but KC suggested I keep doing it, if only for my benefit. And as I was looking back at previous posts, I'm glad they are there, so here I go again. My goal is to be much much more consistent with the whole posting thing. SO I'll start with Christmas and go forward.
Christmas Eve was a fabulous family day. We took the boys to see Frozen and neither KC nor I knew what the movie was about but we did very much enjoy it. We spent the rest of the day at home relaxing and finished it with a bang. Dinner turned out delish but thanks to our wonderfully efficient Vivint alarm system, and my very dirty oven, we received a visit from the fire department after broiling my steaks. That was quite embarrassing. Fortunately they didn't come blaring down our street with the sirens on. No need to draw more attention to the fact that I don't clean my oven. But after the minor embarrassment, we enjoyed our Christmas Eve cheese and chocolate fondue night.
We read the Polar express, opened jammies, watched how the Grinch Stole Christmas, and went to bed. It was the perfect night, just what I was hoping for.
Christmas morning started around 7:30am and I am definitely not complaining about that. Any earlier and I would have sent my kids back to bed ;) Maybe. But the boys played with Santa toys while I made breakfast and then we casually spent the whole morning opening presents, playing, FaceTiming with family, and doing our own thing. I LOVE Christmas at home! We love it with family too, but home is so relaxing, I can't complain. And thanks to KC's Aunt Kim, we had Christmas dinner with some family. It was the perfect day.


No comments:
Post a Comment