So I was thinking today and knew I had to have something to write about and I thought of 2 things.
1)I have 2 girls in my department at work that are getting married in about 2 weeks. They're getting so excited, its cute. Well one of them doesn't have any family near to go with her to get her temple clothing and she was really nervous about having to go by herself because she didn't even know what to look for. So I offered to go with her and she was so nice to let me come. We went to the distribution center in Orem and I helped her pick out everything she needed. I loved doing that with her. It was so fun.
AND...
2) So Owen started this new fit throwing phase. He only gets upset when he wants to play with something and we either take it away or he drops it and we don't pick it up. But he doesn't just get upset and start crying, he yells at the top of his lungs in this high pitched scream. So yes, that happened today at church. Oh, on a side note, Owen is getting so big that during sacrament meeting we put him on the bench to sit between KC and I. Its just so cute. So he's sitting there on the bench next to us and he was playing with his little book that makes crinkly noises. I took it away during the sacrament and he lets out this really loud scream and does it a few times. Silly kid. So I picked him up looked him in the eyes and told him that he doesn't need to scream like that. Yes, my precious little Owen is starting to throw a fit. I don't know what to do or how to teach him to not do this. Yes, I know that he's only 6 months and is entitled to a fit or 2, but I don't want this to become a habit so if anyone has some suggestions on what to do, let me know.
He has also started doing this when we put him in bed and he's not tired at night. He has never ever been one to cry when we put him in bed... so now that he is I'm trying to learn the difference between his "I'm not feeling good" cry and his "i just don't want to be in bed" cry. If I go in and try to sooth him he just cries harder until I pick him up and then he calms down and starts smiling. So I'm learning to not go in there but I give in every now and then. So I need some ideas, or suggestions on books to read about this stuff.
Well, have an awesome upcoming week!! We love you all!
PS. I started reading "New Moon" from the Twilight series again in early preparation for the movie coming out in November...yay and reading it for the second time (I've read the rest of the books more times but this is my least favorite one so I always skip it) it makes me more of a 'Team Jacob' than I was before. I'd never fully convert to Team Jacob because I'm such an Edward fan, but I can't blame Bella for liking Jacob, I mean Edward left her and she doesn't know if he'll ever come back. Anyways, I like it better this time around :)
2 comments:
I love this post. That is so cool that you could go with your friend and help her, I'm sure she appreciated that so much.
When you figure out the trick to dealing with the fits let me know I will be right behind you with our little girl.
and, I think I want to read New Moon again too, you've inspired me.
DO NOT even tell me fits start at 6 months. That means I only have a little more than a month left. I wish I could help. If it were me I would get him up the first time give him gas drops, burp him and put him back in bed and if he does it again then it has to be he just doesnt want to go to bed so I would turn the monitor off do the dishes and if still is crying go back in. Thats just me though. I had a fighter once. Now she doesnt do it anymore.
Post a Comment