Happy Mother's Day to everyone! We had some great talks in church today and I actually went to Alyssa's church also because she and Tyler gave talks also and they did great by the way.
Well in church one of the speakers compared a mom to a security blanket. She told a story of a mother with 4 children and as they came in from school all at separate times, they would come in, call for mom, and she would answer. As long as the children knew she was in the home they felt comforted and went on to their other activities. She was their security blanket.
That story caught my ear and I was thinking, my mom totally is my security blanket. I think she always has been but even still, when I'm not in the home, I still need to know she's there and then I'm OK. I call my mom every day even if I don't have anything to say, but as long as I know she's there, then I can go on with my day. And then on days when she doesn't answer, I stress because I don't know where she is, the same way Owen stresses if I try to but him to sleep with out his snuggie.
So to my mom, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I love you so much! And thank you for still allowing me to use you as my security blanket, even though I'm grown up, married, and probably a security blanket to my own child.
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day Brookie! Hope your day was fabulous.
Post a Comment