Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My First week of School...for Owen

So this week Owen and I started learning. We learned about the letter "A" and words that associate with "A" such as apples, arms, ants and airplanes. We colored pictures of each topic and read books about them. Owens favorite day was Apple day. We colored an apple and read 2 boos about apples. And he can even say "apple" now. It was fun to start doing this, it gives us something to do during the days. It doesn't take up much time but we enjoy it. After Owen colored pictures, I taped them up on the wall next to his toy corner so he could be reminded of them all week long. He also knows "arm" and pats his arm if you ask him "where's Owen's arm?"

This week we are studying the letter "B" so we'll learn about bananas, blocks, the color blue, and bears. maybe a few more but those for sure. I'm excited, "B" is a favorite letter of mine :)

Last night Alyssa and I were given a girls night out while the guys stayed home with a sleeping Owen. So we went to dinner at Mimi's cafe and had some delicious dinners. Then we went to the mall, picked up some nail Polish, and went to Michael's to get some acrylic paint and rhinestones. We came home and gave ourselves professional style nail nail color changes complete with flowers. They turned out so cute. I have a nice tan-bronze color (for the coming fall) and Alyssa has a bright barbie pink color on our toes and white flowers with a rhinestone right in the middle. I was rather proud about how well they turned out for our first try. And it was fun to do a sort of "girls night out" with Lyss.

We hope you all have a fabulous week ahead of you! And we miss you ALL!!!


PS, I've been on a reading spree lately. Click on the book I'm currently reading (on the side of my blog) and it'll take you to my "book blog" and you can see what I've been reading lately.

No comments:

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know