Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Owen's first time at the Movies!!!

So we took Owen to see Toy Story 3 yesterday and we had such a fun time. Our friends told us they take a booster seat and tray and put their child in that and feed him throughout it. So we thought we'd try that too. We had Alyssa and Tyler with us, brought a booster seat and tray, and went to the theater. There were about 15 other people there during the movie so it was really nice that we wouldn't be disturbing lots of people. But Owen spent most of the time just sitting on my lap and the rest in his seat. He held on to a ritz cracker the whole time and occasionally ate one. And just sat there for the whole movie. We were so surprised at how well he did. It was amazing.

Yesterday we also got to meet my grandma, Nana, at lunch with 2 of her sisters and my cousin. We ate at Brick Oven and had such a good time. Its always fun to have visiting family in town.

And also last night we went to the "Happy Sumo" for dinner for Alyssa's birthday. I got a nice delicious steak while everyone else shared sushi. Owen ate my rice. And KC and Alyssa and Tyler really wanted me to try a piece of sushi. I of course said "no way", but they were persistent. So after a while i had them take the fish out of the piece, and tried a Mango Mama. It was really gross and I gagged it down. I won't be trying sushi again anytime soon :)

On Thursday Owen and I needed somewhere to go so we went to my favorite place, The Cocoa Bean and shared a frozen lemonade. This has been something fun for Owen and I to do for the last few weeks. There's not really anyone else there during the days so Owen gets to dance to the music they play and get some energy out while inside and not at home.


This was Owen after a nap. He had some silly bed head going on:


So Owen has started hitting. He'll get mad and run across the room just to hit me. Or if i'm holding him he just hits me right across the face. I put him on time out in his room but is he really understanding what that means or why he's there? Right now when I say "We don't hit" or "it's not very nice to hit mommy" he just laughs. So any suggestions on how to get him to understand better? And any suggestions on what to do so that he doesn't hit anymore?

Well that was our super fun week. Owen and I will be starting to learn about the alphabet this week. We're starting with letter "A" and we'll color pictures of airplance and ants and such. We'll see how it goes but I have the rest of the year planned out. I'm excited and hopefully it goes well.

No comments:

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know