So then yesterday Owen and I had a relaxing morning just reading books together for about an hour while KC did some work around the house. Those are my favorite times, when Owen just sits and reads with me. Later KC and Owen went to the BYU Baseball game


They went and got Ice cream at Sub Zero after the game and Owen loved to watch them make the Ice cream. Its liquid when you choose the flavor and mix ins and then they freeze it with something (i don't remember what exactly) and voila, ice cream.
This morning KC and Owen woke up and made some fabulously delicious pancakes that literally melted in your mouth. We combined the pancakes with some strawberries and had a delicious Mother's Day breakfast.

Oh and I forgot to mention that we got a big boy bed set up for Owen and finally got a new bedspread for him to make it "his". Its a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse blanket and he loves it! So last night we got him to sleep in it. It took an hour of KC laying next to him and then 30 more min of him laying awake in his bed for him to fall asleep but he stayed in his bed the whole time and didn't cry. It was fabulous! And then when he woke up this morning he climbed down, got a toy, and climbed back into bed. He just played there until we came in and got him. It was amazing. I hope it stays this nice rather than all the sudden he starts screaming when we put him in bed. I'm sure for a little while we'll have to lay with him or sit in the chair or something to help him be comfortable but at least he's sleeping there. Funny thing though, when he and KC we're making the bed this morning, Owen threw all his stuffed animals back into his crib, as if that's where they go when he's not sleeping with them :) We'll work in that.

Well I hope all you mothers out there have a fabulous Mother's Day! and a special shout out to my Mother, who has taught me to be the mother I am and continues to teach me still. We love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment