Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Monday, May 23, 2011

Welcome Baby Jack!



Jack Kevin Cowles was born on Friday 5.20.2011 at 1:08pm. He weighed 6lbs 9 ozs and was 19.25 in long. We went in at 6am for a scheduled induction and everything went fairly smoothly. There was a little scare right after I got my epidural redosed. It caused Jacks heart rate to drop dramatically. But after that was taken care of I couldn't feel anything and there wasn't much longer of a wait. Because the actual delivery part went so quick and because Jack is only 37 weeks he was having some breathing issues that had to be taken care of right away and it also caused his tummy to have a few issues. He has a hard time keeping food down and always has air bubbles in his tummy that make him not feel very well. He's still in the hospital right now in what they call the "Special Care Unit". Its not the NICU but not the nursery either. So they watch him pretty close. We're still hoping he can start eating on his own so he can some home to us :)

Thats our quick update. Here are a few pictures

2 comments:

torri said...

Oh congratulations! He is adorable! Why were you induced at 37 weeks? I hope he can come home soon too! Seeing these cute pictures makes me so anxious for our baby to come!

Megan and Jordan said...

Yay! Congrats again! I hope (& pray) he will be able to come home soon. Love you guys!

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know