So this week has been great. Well the week was somewhat normal but the weekend was great. KC started school again this week. He's in a Mon & Wed class at 5:30-8pm and a Tues & Thurs class at 7-8:40am. Crazy schedule huh. But he did good this week (other than being 1 hr late to his Thursday class).
So this coming Tuesday, May 6th, is our 2 year anniversary!!! Yay, so we decided to celebrate it this past weekend. KC planned the whole thing so I was excited to see what was in store. He told me he had planned for us to stay up in Salt Lake and had a day spa package of Massage, facial and pedicure scheduled. I was pretty excited.
Saturday we drove up to Salt Lake and got there about 12:30. The hotel we stayed at is the Marriott city center. It was super nice. And my dad was able to get our room upgraded so we stayed in this really nice suite. Our massages were at 3:30 so we got lunch and went to find where this "day spa" was. We followed the directions and it was taking us to some neighborhood and we started to get nervous. We were in the middle of "historical Salt Lake City" when we reached our destination. It was this 100yr old home with an undone front yard. The entrance to the "spa" was on the side of the house with a iron sign that said "day spa" and was all covered in vines. Needless to say we were a little shocked to see this. The website that KC had found the information on was a really nice website and made everything sound so commercial and normal :) Anyways I told KC that I wasn't getting out of the car until he went in and looked at it first. He went in and 30 sec later he came and got me. I was like "uhhhhh, really?" So, I went in to look at it also and the lady who was there to answer the door seriously had to be a gypsy. She talked like one and the house was decorated like one. It was a little disconcerting. We asked to see the rooms and such and it was all just a little too weird. We told the lady sorry and left. We got in the car and the first thing KC did was called our hotel to see what massage services they had. We were able to get some set up for later that evening.
Since our new massage appts were at 6:30 we had like 3 hours to find something to do. Being the very interesting people that we are, we went back to our room and found a movie on tv to watch, fun huh :) Well our new massages were somewhat interesting. They weren't the best we've ever had but it was better than nothing I guess. I felt bad for KC because his masseuse wouldn't stop talking. Mine was great though, not one unnecessary word.
Well this morning we got up and ordered room service. I love eating breakfast in bed, it was great. We got up and checked out and I told KC we should at least drive around Temple Square, you know, since we were already there. While we were driving around we decided that we wanted to go to the the Salt Lake Cemetery and walk around to see the president's graves. It was fun we got to see almost all of them, including President Hinckley's. It was great, he has a nice sized upright headstone, and it's still all shiny and clean. I also showed KC President David O McKay's headstone. It's huge, super tall and plain. It's one of my favorites.
Anyways, this coming week we're going to have my dad staying with us, it's going to be a lot of fun. We're so excited. And we're still counting down the days until we get to go to AZ. Well, we hope you all have a great weekend. Love you lots!
ps. Dan and Kelli, how was the cruise? We want to hear all about it.
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! i cant belive its already 2 years. it goes by so fast doesnt it. anyway call us when you come to AZ so we can get together to do something.
Oh wow 2 years!! It goes by so so fast! I hope you guys had a great day!
Congradulations guys! HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY! Sounds like you guys had a blast and are so in love still! Our cruise was amazing! I finally blogged all about it so check it out! Love you guys!
Post a Comment