So I had no idea what song went with our week and for some reason "Love song" by Sara Bareilles was in my head so I used lyrics from her song as the title:)
Anyways, so our week went by quite well. KC and I went to the temple on Tuesday. Its sad to admit but we haven't gone for a while so it was really nice to go back. We definitely enjoyed that. Also KC started working out with a physical trainer this week. He really likes it but the trainer works him hard. He's been sore all week but he likes going. Work went well for me. We're really kicking in to high gear with the summer here. Its super busy and crazy all the time. Way more so than I thought it would be. For example, my dept has grown from taking about 2000 calls per month to already taking 5000 for the month of May. Very busy, but lots of fun. It definitely makes the time fly by.
So this weekend I read "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer again but you can read about that on my "Brookie's Stories" link. On Saturday KC and I went and played tennis with Alyssa and Tyler. It was lots of fun. Well Alyssa called us to see if we would rather play tennis or hike and we chose tennis. They came over to meet at our place and Alyssa was in normal cloths with sandals on. I was like...uhh? Alyssa was complaining that it was too hot out to play tennis. It was hilarious. The weather was awesome yesterday. It was 85 with a light breeze, perfect weather for tennis. Plus we hadn't seen weather like it in who knows how long and we were not passing up the opportunity to be outside. So we made Alyssa change in to tennis clothes and we went and played at the park. It was a lot of fun playing against them but we still won (of course) 6-2. We started a 2nd set but by the second game into it I was about to pass out. It probably doesn't help that I hadn't dont much of anything active for a while and I don't think I really had any sugar in me, what was I thinking? So we stopped for the day and decided to go on a hike (that way we all won, we got to play tennis and Alyssa got to go on her hike). We drove up to Aspen Grove to hike to "First Falls", its on the start of the Timp hike. We got up there and started hiking and not long after we started, the way was covered in snow. Crazy huh. It cleared up but there was still lots of snow along the way. When we got to the waterfall there was snow everywhere and it was really cold. But it was gorgeous. It smelled of slightly damp trees and the waterfall wasn't full force yet. It actually came over the side of the mountain and then went under the snow. Its great to be in such a place, very peaceful. We took pictures but with Alyssa's camera so I don't have them yet, but when I do I'll put them up.
So we're getting very anxious to come to AZ this weekend for Dallin's Court of Honor. We leave on Friday night so it's going to be a quick trip but we're still super excited.
Well we hope you are all doing great and we miss you all. Have an excellent week. Love you lots!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment