Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Monday, November 17, 2008

Holy Cow... thats a lot of information!

OK so first off I have to say that I have the best husband ever!! This past weekend we went to a 6 hour prenatal seminar. Ya 6 hours of sitting and learning about having babies... KC is awesome for even going with me.

So we went to this seminar and the first half was long. We listened to reasons to go to the hospital and to call your DR and such... I mean it was great information but just a long 3 hours ( we pregnant people get hungry quick and i got starving just sitting there). After the lunch break we got to tour the hospital and see the rooms we'd be staying in during labor and then in recovery. It was comforting to actually see were I'd be during the whole ordeal and such. Then came the worst part ever. We had to watch the "birthing video"... OH MY GOSH, that was the scariest grossest thing I have ever had to watch. I really was going to be just fine giving birth with out ever having to see one of those videos. I started crying after watching it. I'm not sure if it was cuz I was scared to go through that or just that it was gross or what but I started crying for some reason.

On top of that, I totally had a freak out last week when I was reading my "what to expect when you're expecting" book and it suggested that I start putting together a "birthing plan". This means I have to start thinking about what i want in my labor room, who I want there, what kind of medication I want and so forth. It lists like 20 things to consider. I started freaking out because I don't know what I want and i all the sudden had to start thinking about it. I mean, I've never thought if i want music playing in my room, or little things like that. It probably doesn't sound like something to freak out about but for some reason I totally did. It was weird and poor KC had to sit and listen to me. He really is the best, he's had to put up with alot of random ups and downs. I mean, there are time that I cant even tell him what I'm upset about or what is bothering me, I'm just upset and want to cry for no reason :)

Well that's my little update, KC and I are getting excited and ready for our little Baby Cowles to arrive (that's right, we still haven't decided on a name). But we're getting everything for the nursery set up and ready and we're just getting excited. We hope you all have a great week!! Happy Almost Thanksgiving!!

PS. 1 year ago we bought tickets for the Celine Dion concert that was coming to SLC and we got a call yesterday that it's been postponed to February because she's sick. Sad day, we've been waiting for a whole year. And on top of that, the new date is a Sunday. I'm really sad.

3 comments:

The Wilson Pratt Wilson Family said...

Brookie! You crack me up. I thought I might be able to put your mind at ease a little bit. First off, I took a six week class (once a week for six weeks)that sounds like basically the same thing that you just did. It is seriously a lot of information, huh? I would always leave feeling a bit overwhelmed with stuff, but in the end, it's funny how much I didn't really even think about that stuff besides just a tiny bit of the breathing techniques. I also freaked out a little bit when we watched the birth video. I think just because it made it so much more real to me. I was sitting in class surrounded by people and I started crying too because I was so terrified. But honestly, I think they make it look a lot scarier than what it is actually like. It is probably good for the husbands to watch it I guess, but we aren't the ones that are going to be sitting there watching everything that is happening. I basically just saw my legs the whole time, haha, and Jason saw whatever he felt comfortable seeing. It is nothing near as scary as the way the videos seem. I don't know about the one you watched, but in ours the lady was just yelling and screaming and rocking back and forth...you get the picture. In my birth, I was just sitting there, pretty content, hardly made a sound unless it was just to talk or maybe just a tiny bit when I was pushing, but honestly, screaming? No. I don't know if you are planning on getting an epidural but I would highly recommend it. I was maybe going to try to attempt without, but I went into it with an open mind, and when I felt that I needed it, I asked for it, and almost immediately the pain wore off. It was so nice to not have to endure those really strong contractions right at the end. Ok, and one more thing (I promise!) They always tell you to have a birth plan ready, but I really don't think that those little details matter. That is, of course, my opinion, but I just had some nice music playing (have your husband put together something easy to listen to, but don't be surprised if you don't want to listen to it at all), and I don't think I ONCE thought about if I wanted to light a candle, blah blah blah... you know? Whatever you need to be comfortable will be at the hospital. Those little details are a bit silly in my opinion. I think the best birth plans should include going into it with an open mind (because you never know what will end up happening and you don't want to be scared if plans change suddenly) and come out with a baby! All of the stuff in between is just silly details, in my opinion. Sorry that I just wrote a novel on your page, but I just read your post and had deja vu because I remember thinking the same exact things. It will all work out, I promise! You don't have too much longer - how exciting! It'll be the best thing to ever happen to you, trust me. I'm sure you already know that. =) Love ya Brookie!

Neener Newt said...

i didn't know you were pregnant and so far along... you were tiny last time i saw you in provo... this is janeen from your ward in provo by the way, incase it doesn't say so when i post this... i found your blog from your facebook... hope its not to freezing in utah!

Brit n' Ryan said...

Hope you're feeling well these days! Pregnancies can be so overwhelming, especially when you think about all that labor and delivery junk. It's not as bad as think it will be, especially after that class! My suggestion, get an epideral as soon as you can :) My pregnancy with Skylee was way worse than the delivery part...I guess that's why I'm having another one agian! You guys are going to be great parents, and we can't wait to meet your little guy!

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know