Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Monday, March 30, 2009

Our trip to AZ



Ok, so I finally have time to write a little about how the AZ trip went. We had so much fun. It started great and ended great. We left on the 18th and flew down to AZ. Owen was fantastic on the airplane. When we were getting off we had passengers comment that they didnt even know he was on the plane because he was so quiet. I gave him part of a bottle when we took off and the other part when we landed so that his ears wouldnt hurt and it must have worked because he didnt cry. He did, however, poop while in mid-flight. And it was the kind where you hear it and you're like "that needs to be changed right now"... and it did. So, lucky me, I got to take him into the bathroom and change his diaper and clothes. It was so gross but i was able to keep owen from touching any part of the bathroom:)My family met us at the airport and Dallin and Jeffrey got to meet owen for the first time.
That night we had the grandparents come over (Owen's great-grandparents) and Little Owen got to meet Papito (Big Owen). It was so neat to see how honored papito was to finally meet Owen.
The next 2 days KC went to some Spring Training baseball games. The first one was the Dodgers/Rockies and he went with Jeffrey and Ryan Larson. Then next one was Cubs/Padres and I went with him. He really enjoyed those and I'm glad he was able to go because he's such a baseball fan. He even caught a foul ball that bounced on the sidewalk next to him when he was getting a drink.
Saturday was our BUSY day. We spent the night over at Kerri and Ryan's because KC's dad and Janene were coming in town and we had to get up early Sat morning for family pics. So Sat morning we were all dressed as ready at 8:45 for pics at the park. I think they'll turn out cute, the location was nice. That took a few hours, then we headed back to the Larson's for a tri-person birthday party. We celebrated Hollie, Ethan, and Kevin's birthdays with KC's cousins and family that live near by. We left that and stopped by the tail end of my cousing Kylee's bridal shower and had to jet from there to my parents for Skousen family pictures. Thats right, more family pictures :) We took those in a desert setting and I think those will look awesome as well. We were all matching in brown tops and jeans and we looked good. We finished Sat night with dinner at 9:00pm at Tia Rosas. It was a great day and we weren't late for anything. It was amazing.
Sunday was Owen's Blessing day. We blessed him at my parents home so we were able to have lots of family and friends come over. It was so nice of everyone to come and support us. We had lots of people there and everyone hung out and talked after so we were able to mingle with everyone. We had sandwiches and desserts and Kevin brought a cake especially for Owen.
Kc, Alyssa, and Tyler left Monday morning and I was planning on staying until wednesday night with Owen. My mom and I didn't do much, we kinda just relaxed and hung out at home. On tuesday I decided to change my plans and go to DIsneyland with my mom, kim and kat (they were going on thursday for their 13th birthday!) KC was so nice to let me stay longer and do this with them. I'll talk more about DIsneyland in my next post because I have pictures for that trip.
We left on Wednesday for Disneyland but before we did, we got to see Jeffrey, and the 2nd graders at his school, put on "Goldilocks and the 3 bears". Jeffrey was just in the chorus but he is so cute up there. He love to be in front of people.

Well that was my trip to AZ. KC, Owen and I had a blast with our families. We are so lucky that both the Larson's and the Skousen's live in AZ so we have everyone near when we go visit. Thanks for letting us hang out with everyone for so long, we loved it!

1 comment:

love_b said...

OHHH he's so cute brookie!! I'm so sorry we missed the blessing, it looks like it was a very special day! We hope to see you and meet little Owen soon!

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know