OK so no joke, we woke up this morning and everything outside was covered in white and it was still snowing. And it's been snowing all day so far. It's horrible, I thought it was supposed to be spring out. So ya, needless to say, today has not been our favorite day :)
So last week, Easter, we were in AZ with KC's family. Oddly enough, my family was out here but fortunately we got to see them for a few days before we left. So we flew to AZ on Friday night. We didn't get there until midnight, but this was a surprise to KC's dad so we woke him up. It was funny, we woke him up from a deep sleep or something because it took him a minute to realize what was happening. But we had lots of fun there. We took some family pictures while we were there now that there is a new addition to Kerri and Ryan's family, Baby Ethan. We had a fun 48 hours being there. PS. the weather was like 90 degrees out. Its sad that it's so warm there yet 600 miles away its still snowing lots.
This past week KC had lots of projects and tests. On Wed he had a project or test in each class. He did well on all of them though, good for him. He's coming up on his last 4 weeks of school until summer break :) yay. He's going to take spring and summer classes but it's always fun to finish a semester.
Friday night KC and I went to the dollar theater and saw the movie "The Great Debaters". It was actually pretty good. KC loved it because it's black history stuff and he loves those kind of movies and books. I thought it was pretty good but sad at times. It shows how they treated blacks in the 1935's and its tragic. But these 3 students rise above it and become the Wiley College's debate team. They earn recognition through out the season by not losing to any of their opponents and then get invited to debate against Harvard, the reigning champions.
Saturday, I went and saw the movie "27 Dresses" again with Alyssa. She hadn't seen it yet and even though I've seen it before I loved it just as much as last time. I think I would go see again if I could. That night KC and I went to see "I Am Legend" with Will Smith. OK, for all those who saw it and liked it, I'm sorry for this next part. So I hated it. It was a horrible movie, with really no point, and full of scary things. KC and I got up and left during the middle of it. KC wasn't really interested and his arm had no blood in it anymore from me squeezing it so hard. Needless to say, I don't suggest that movie. So to end the night on a happy note, we rented "Enchanted" from Redbox. This is such a cute movie of the princess coming to New York and bringing happiness to everyone there. I mean, she doesn't end up with Prince Charming, but that was on her own choice. At first I was sad only because the princess is supposed to end up with the prince. But we all know we can consider Patrick Dempsey a prince :) Along with the cute, family friendly movie, the music is amazing. They are fun original songs that fit perfectly with the plot and characters in the movie. I would suggest seeing this.
Well, other than the snow, today has been great. KC and I get to go to aunt Kim's for dinner and this upcoming week is going to be awesome. My parents are most likely coming up this next weekend for conference. It's great that we get to see them so often. But anyways, have a great week, we love you all lots!
2 comments:
o my goodness brookie brandon and i rented i am legend and enchanted this last weekend and i hated i am legend and so we put in enchanted so that i could get those scary pictures out of my head. any way i thought that was crazy that we watched the same 2 movies this past week. anyway i havent talked to you in forever hope all is well. love you!
Post a Comment