Hannah Ruth

Hannah Ruth by Slidely Slideshow

Sunday, March 2, 2008

...waiting on the world to change...

Hey guys! So this past week has been great for KC and I. First, the weather here in Provo has been awesome. Yesterday was the only bad day because it rained/slowed, but the rest of the week it was nice and sunny, about 60 degrees out. It was awesome wearing skirts and short sleeves. But oddly enough, we finally get it warm weather outside and they either had the air conditioning on or just the heater off but it was freezing at work.

Monday we got to meet up with a bunch of KC's family that is up here. We haven't seen his mom for a while so it was fun to get together with her again. Also some of KC's cousins who live in Hawaii were in visiting so I finally got to meet them. Later this week KC and I met up with Alyssa and Tyler. We bought some chocolate ice cream and then stuff to go in it and went home and made our own chocolate ice cream concoction. We had marshmallows, nuts, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup. It was fun. Each of us could make our ice cream however we wanted. We then sat down to watch a movie and Alyssa said she has picked a scary one (but she wouldn't tell me which one it was). So we turned it on, and it starts all peaceful along a river, the opening credits start, and all the sudden there was the title. ARACHNOPHOBIA. I immediately got up and said "umm no way, what were you thinking". Ya right, like I was ever going to sleep after that. Alyssa thought my reaction was hilarious... ya... funny. So we chose a different movie. We ended up watching Live Free or Die Hard. I'd never seen it before but it was pretty good. I decided it was like a whole season of 24 but fit into 2 hours.

So this week at work I had an interesting experience. It started last week when one of the techs I work with had a little "freak out" about his schedule that had escalated to the CEO of the company. It ended up being about much more than his schedule but I got to deal with him in this area. He didn't know how everything worked and thought that his appointments weren't showing up on his schedule until after the appointment date. I spoke with him and his regional supervisor and we got everything worked out and the tech was happy. Well the next day I got a voice mail from him letting me know he had quit. I didn't think anything of it and by the next week I had really forgot about the whole episode he had. Well on Thursday this guy came over to my desk and said that I needed to go to the CEO's office right now for a meeting to explain what had happened with the tech's schedule. Wow, I'm just this person, in one little desk, in the middle of the call center, and all the sudden I'm called into the CEO's office. This guy made it sound like I was going to have to explain why we weren't doing our job and caused this tech to get upset. Needless to say I was shaking. I went to the meeting and it ended up being that I didn't even need to be there. All the heads of any department in the company were there to discuss how to fix the tech's problems and scheduling was defiantly not top on their list. But I guess the good thing is now the CEO has at least heard my name :)

Well KC thinks he's coming down with the flu right now. He's been coughing all week but but he's getting the chills and such. So hopefully it doesn't turn in to anything. Other than that, we're doing awesome. we are loving this weather and work & school are going great. We hope you all have an awesome week, we love you lots! -The Cowles

1 comment:

love_b said...

hey! one of my girlfriends made our title, she just logged into my account and did it so i have no idea how! sorry!! How are you guys? We miss you!!

Owen singing Hey Soul Sister

Owen singing Somebody that I used to Know